DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sky Fibre IPV6 Set Up?

• garethrees
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jan 2019 07:34 #7 by garethrees
Replied by garethrees on topic Re: Sky Fibre IPV6 Set Up?

PHILIP1193 wrote: Hi,

I have a 2862 and i have got it working with IPV4 fine, but i'd like to get it working with IPV6. My sky q hub works with IPV6 no issues.

I've tried firmware 3.8.8.2 and 3.8.9.1

My settings are as follows...

However when the router reboots it simply gives me this.

ANy pointers?

Thats the configuration I had working with the Sky V2 box, (Black Square One) all be it with the bridged mode enabled. However since upgrading to the Sky Q Router this shows a Green IPV6 allocation and IPV6 IPs being issued to devices inside the firewall but no IPV6 support outside of the Sky Router, i.e. https://test-ipv6.com/ fails.

I'm thinking there is something on the Sky Q box which is different and blocking the IPV6 routing from the older V2 Sky Router.

just read another post about the latests firmware breaking IPV6 and now I'm not 100% sure if that is also part of the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• garethrees
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jan 2019 16:46 #8 by garethrees
Replied by garethrees on topic Re: Sky Fibre IPV6 Set Up?
I've done some further testing and it does not make any difference which of the SKY Routers you use, the old box one or the new SkyQ one.
Also the downgrading to older firmware did not resolve the issue for me, I suspect that one of the newer firmware updates and changed a setting and caused DHCP v6 Client to stop routing traffic properly but still allowing IPV6 addresses to be allocated ok. So in the Diagram Above I get a GREEN IPV6 allocation and can see multiple IPV6 devices on the Sky Router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.