Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2x Vigor2960 in HA (Lan2 IP conflicts)

• rik.devroom
  • Topic Author
More
01 Aug 2018 08:09 #1 by rik.devroom
2x Vigor2960 in HA (Lan2 IP conflicts) was created by rik.devroom
Hi all,

First post here, not even actually from the UK, but support is slow to respond to my question. So here goes:

I have setup a couple of Vigor2960's in HA (Hot-Standby, sharing the WAN). This works like a charm. Setup a couple of Site-to-Site VPN's, again works like a charm in case of failover.

However; when setting up Lan2 (lan1=mgmt for HA) I get ip-address conflicts.
HA-lan = 172.16.245.1 + 172.16.245.2 = 172.16.245.254. Setup only on LAN port 4, plugged into their own switch (SW01). Sync works.
Lan2 = 172.30.2.254, each router the same IP as HA does automatically. Setup on LAN ports 1-3. When I plug in LAN port 1 from each Vigor into a seperate switch(SW02), the whole setup goes offline. I get, obviously, IP-address conflicts, since there's now 2 devices with the same ip on 1 network. Slave loses the master, tries to start it's WAN, modem then gets confused because there's already a WAN connected from the Master. Basically crash and burn. Unplug 1 of the cables, either Master or Slave, everything comes back online.
Now as far as I understand; HA should 'disable' the LAN output on the Slave Vigor. In my case it doesn't seem to do that, hence the conflicts.

Can anyone give me some insights as to why this is not working?

Kind Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.