Preventing power cable from being pulled out

• rob.nicholson
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2018 21:37 #1 by rob.nicholson
Preventing power cable from being pulled out was created by rob.nicholson
I really like the Draytek Vigor 2860 because it's been rock solid for my client. Except for Mr Clumsy here who when (ironically) tidying up the cabling in their cabinet, accidentally pulled the power lead out. It did highlight that this is a rather weak point of the design compared to say a device with UK kettle lead - not impossible to pull out, but harder.

Anyone got any tips how to stop this? My low-tech solution is a bit of tape. I'm sure I've seen little fixings that stick on the device and hook the cable but haven't a clue what to search for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rob.nicholson
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
23 Aug 2018 20:37 #2 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: Preventing power cable from being pulled out
I was watching the 8-Bit guy on YouTube and he mentioned "Cable clips" which was just what I need:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cable-Clips-Self-Adhesive-Sticky-Snap-Close-9mm-Capacity-For-Indoor-Use/132197509222?epid=1242978744&hash=item1ec795e866:m:mwatn6sf-MRWGNoI0Kqh4gA

Basically tie the power cable as a knot around one of these stuck on the back of the Vigor will stop it being pulled out as easily.

More
29 Aug 2018 11:21 #3 by admin
Spooky I was also just watching the 8-bit guy recommend them :-)

(Though I've been using them for years anyway...)

Forum Administrator

• rob.nicholson
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Aug 2018 09:15 #4 by rob.nicholson
Replied by rob.nicholson on topic Re: Preventing power cable from being pulled out
Off-topic but yes 8-bit guy and the other retro computing channels are great fun if you're from that era with the caveat that you may spend far too much time watching old computers being renovated :-)