Problems receiving calls on VOIP Phones

• greencloud
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Sep 2018 23:22 #1 by greencloud
Problems receiving calls on VOIP Phones was created by greencloud
We have a Draytek Vigor 2862n and we can browse the net perfectly fine.

We also have a VOIP gateway, a Panasonic KX-TGP600. We are able to dial out perfectly fine but cannot receive calls coming in.

I setup my ISP modem in non bridged mode and it connected perfectly fine. Calls were received and could be placed. When i put the modem back into Bridge Mode, I could only dial out. I've looked at QoS, NAT, and Firewall Filters (possibly i have them set up wrong) but i'm just short of having a meltdown. Is there a way to disable or fully open up the Draytek 2862n via CLI or otherwise so that i can see what's stopping it?

Our VOIP provider/ reseller, gave us a document of sorts to setup rules etc., on our Draytek but the guide is fairly generic, so are there any Draytek gurus out there that might be able to shed some light on how we should proceed with adding the settings to our router???

The settings as suggested are:

1. SIP Protocols Supported: G711, G729, T38 Fax - Please Note VOIP provider does not Transcode the listed protocols.

2. DTMF Detection - SIP INFO or RFC2833 support to enable DTMF detection on inbound calls allowing DTMF detection for inbound caller services or mid call for switched calls

3. Signalling Details -

SIP Signalling: Port 5060

RTP Range: 50000-60000

Transport Layer: UDP

4: Connecting to SIP address (i assume external providers WAN IP) xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

So can anyone translate the above into how i need to set up the Draytek 2862n???

Many thanks

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2018 11:39 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Problems receiving calls on VOIP Phones
Presumably you've opened port 5060 from the WAN to the internal IP address of your phone box?

More
23 Sep 2018 15:52 #3 by spellbinder
Replied by spellbinder on topic Re: Problems receiving calls on VOIP Phones
There is no port to forward and open

You are just using a VoIP provider to carry out outgoing calls and to receive calls and your phones register to your PBX locally. Your PBX (the Panasonic) will be configured to register to this provider and you must have the PBX to use the provider's IP address (or domain name) as SIP proxy. If you don't, you will not receive any call because your Draytek router will block incoming traffic not related to an existing connection, unless obviously your provider uses the same stream source as the traffic originated from your PBX..

How did you set up your PBX?
You only have your Draytek connected and handling your broadband, not your ISP modem too right?