BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac

• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2018 20:31 #1 by xer0w
Hi,

I recently ‘upgraded’ to a Vigor 2762ac from a trusty old Billion BiPAC 7800n, ever since however I have been experiencing frequent DSL connection drops from my BT Infinity 2 line (UK), around 2-3 per day. My old setup using the Billion paired with a BT HG612 Modem was rock solid, hardly ever dropped connection. Now I’m getting interruptions during the working day (affecting Skype etc), which has ‘never’ happened before!
I’ve been through the recommended troubleshooting steps, including getting a BT engineer out to check the line, just in case by some cosmic coincidence it had developed a line fault at exactly the same time I upgraded my kit, but no surprise everything is fine.

I’m only about 250ft from my BT cabinet and my line conditions and speeds reflect that, SNR & attenuation are both good. I get around 74Mb> 18Mb< consistently.
I have the latest FW (3.8.9.2_BT) and have tried a factory reset, but still the connection drops (totally randomly btw, any time of day/night), the syslog entry is the same every time:
PPP Closed : Remote Terminating (PPPoE)
WAN1 PPPoE ==> Protocol:LCP(c021) TermReq Identifier:0x56 ##
WAN 1 is down.

I’m really hoping there is a solution to this problem, as I really like the advanced features of this router and don’t want to have to return it if possible.
Please feel free to ask for more details if you need them, I’ve been using the cli so am familiar with that now for stats etc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2018 10:41 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac
Please contact support about this, I think 3.8.9.2 had some improvements to VDSL stability, so it's odd that you're seeing the opposite.

You could try the older 3.8.9.1BT firmware, which does not have that change.

Or you could try the "Modem2" / 77B506 version of the 3.8.9.2 firmware, which uses a different modem code and might be more compatible with your FTTC cabinet equipment.

Forum Administrator

• xer0w
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Sep 2018 11:17 #3 by xer0w
Replied by xer0w on topic Re: BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes I read the that about 3.8.9.2.
I'll contact support directly regarding this issue then. As I've already tried using the Modem2 code.

More
11 Apr 2019 20:56 #4 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Re: BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac
Hi,

Did you ever get this sorted? I ask as I have an identical problem with a 2862 that draytek seem unable to resolve.

Iain

• stevmoll
  • User
  • User
More
11 Apr 2019 22:30 #5 by stevmoll
Replied by stevmoll on topic Re: BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac
Hi, I've got a 2862AC and it's dropping daily too. Interesting though the date / time of the router is resetting to 01/01/2000.

Are you seeing this too?

Steve

More
11 Apr 2019 22:38 #6 by clivers
Replied by clivers on topic Re: BT Infinity connection drops - 2762ac
If the date is resetting then the router could be re-booting