• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Sep 2018 21:19 #1 by ghostworks
Firmware = 3.8.8.4
unit/s = 2 x Vigor BX2000ac

tonight around 6pm the internet etc just went , couldn't even get the vigor GUI page so had to power reset , went fine in 20 seconds but after about 3 minutes fault was back again , disconnecting WAN1 RJ11 VDSL lines removes the fault / issue but that means i'm only running on WAN2 , turns out my other location that uses same router also with 2 x WAN's has the same fault so had to disconnect its WAN1 as well...

All my other locations ranging from 2820 / 2860 / 3900 to Ubiquiti USG pro's are all fine ...

So what would make both BX2000ac not like VDSL suddenly at the same time ( they have same Firmware but use different DSL Modem Code as one site is Super Vectoring 200Mb/22Mb , and the other is VDSL 35MB/2Mb )

good to hear your thoughts on this Riddle as i'm am stumped at the moment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ghostworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Oct 2018 08:42 #2 by ghostworks
I have been doing some tests at one of the locations , as last time I had this issue at both locations it went away when I plugged in wan1 the following day for both locations however it came back a few days later , so the other location is only running on wan2 while I did a few tests and found it to be the actual
Line issue but my isp denies any changes that come and go

My test was to change wan1 and wan2 on the hardware level so now the line that was wan1 is now connected to Vigor130 for wan2 port on bx2000ac with the obviously account and static up changed around and now wan2 crashes the BX2000ac

Symptoms are that internet is either very very slow or none at all
And can’t get onto the gui of the BX2000 but once I press the power button on the Vigor130 cutting off wan2, suddenly the bx2000 gui works and internet etc

Anyone have this issue or do
I need to change to Ubiquiti gateway 4 pro and make the bx2000 just for phone system ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.