Vigor2862n with Hive View Camera

• tinblue
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 15:14 #1 by tinblue
Vigor2862n with Hive View Camera was created by tinblue
I noticed recently I couldn't get my Hive View Camera to connect from the Hive App. It has a Go Live feature which gives you a real time stream. It would just spin and never connect to the camera. I tore my hair out with this issue and even spent a long time with Hive Support to the point that they sent me a new camera! I just had the camera replacement delivered and it is still not working. It got me thinking and I suddenly realised that maybe it hadn't worked since I replaced my router.

I don't use the wireless aspect of the Draytek as I have a Tenda Wifi Mesh System. But just to be sure I did disabled the Tenda and tried the inbuilt Vigor Wifi but to no avail.

Anyway.. I replaced my BT Hub back and the camera started working! So the problem is definitely the router. I tried doing some searches on both Hive and Draytek but also IP Camera issues too but couldn't come up with anything. I did read one article about NAT Loopback but wasn't sure if this is related to my issue or not.

Does anyone know what setting in the Vigor could be causing this? I assume the Hive app is trying to communicate with the Camera by going through the outside world. I can't connect to it whether I'm on the local LAN or outside the house on 4G. As I said, with my BT Home Hub back in place everything works just fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 15:58 #2 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: Vigor2862n with Hive View Camera
You haven't given a lot of detail about your setup but a good place to start is, do you use the 'Bind IP to MAC' feature in the LAN menu to provide static IP addressing, if so do you use the 'strict bind' option? If you do and havent added your camera to the list then it will be denied access to the internet. If the Hive is like the Netatmo cameras it will make an outbound connection via Hive's VPN. All connectivity between the app and the camera is done externally via Hive's servers. No doubt, as with the Netatmo, you can use their API to work out how to access the camera feed locally should you want to.

• tinblue
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 17:23 #3 by tinblue
Replied by tinblue on topic Re: Vigor2862n with Hive View Camera

hopkins35 wrote: You haven't given a lot of detail about your setup but a good place to start is, do you use the 'Bind IP to MAC' feature in the LAN menu to provide static IP addressing, if so do you use the 'strict bind' option? If you do and havent added your camera to the list then it will be denied access to the internet. If the Hive is like the Netatmo cameras it will make an outbound connection via Hive's VPN. All connectivity between the app and the camera is done externally via Hive's servers. No doubt, as with the Netatmo, you can use their API to work out how to access the camera feed locally should you want to.

I'm not using anything like that. Just bog standard out the box DHCP. I haven't messed around with anything. Just basic Factory Settings with Firmware 3.8.9.2 BT

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 17:30 #4 by hopkins35
I recommend downgrading to v3.8.8.2 and trying that, I had issues on v3.8.9.1 and 9.2 with another appliance device, a Fingbox, making outbound SSL connections to the company's servers, multiple back and forth with Draytek and they couldn't fix but each time, straight after going back the older firmware it worked instantly.

• tinblue
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 21:26 #5 by tinblue
Replied by tinblue on topic Re: Vigor2862n with Hive View Camera

hopkins35 wrote: I recommend downgrading to v3.8.8.2 and trying that, I had issues on v3.8.9.1 and 9.2 with another appliance device, a Fingbox, making outbound SSL connections to the company's servers, multiple back and forth with Draytek and they couldn't fix but each time, straight after going back the older firmware it worked instantly.

Hey! They worked!

Thank you!!

Although, I think this should be reported to Draytek as there clearly must be an issue with the latest firmware if it affected us both in this way.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
26 Sep 2018 21:55 #6 by hopkins35
Glad you sorted it. You should definitely report it to them and feel free to mention my ticket reference #DQ985981 which they failed to fix. I'm switching over to a different brand of router as I don't want to be left with out of date firmware because they are unwilling/unable to fix it, but maybe you might help them get to the bottom of the issue, my setup is way more complicated with VLANs, multiple WAN IPs, QoS, etc but your setup is much more straightforward. Good luck!