PLUSNET-VIGAR130

• nitefox75
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2018 00:28 #1 by nitefox75
PLUSNET-VIGAR130 was created by nitefox75
I have been trying for hours now to get vigar 130 connected. My plan is vigar 130 bridging to UBIQUITI Networks Unifi Security Gateway Router, then to a UniFi Switch 24 Non-PoE, i have tried a couple of firmware updates (unsure which to use (https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads/vigor-130) i tried the BT one, i dont get this interface for isp login (https://www.draytek.co.uk/archive/kb/kb_vigor_v2850_setup.html)the issue is im with Plusnet, and the main problem i have is i dont get the login interface for isp, as plusnet requires it. Very frustrated, im sure im missing something, and help or advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hopkins35
  • User
  • User
More
29 Sep 2018 10:19 #2 by hopkins35
Replied by hopkins35 on topic Re: PLUSNET-VIGAR130
You don't enter your ISP username, password, etc. into the Vigor 130, that information is entered into your router. The Vigor 130 is bridging to your router, so you need to setup a PPPoE connection on your router with your Plusnet credentials. All you need to look out for on the 130 is whether it has created a ADSL/VDSL connection, to check this go to the menu: online status - physical connection, if it's connected you will see, in green at the bottom, your sync speeds. If you have no physical connection (red font and probably saying "training") then check internet access - general setup - dsl mode and make sure it's set to auto or matches your line type, then check Internet Access - PPPoE / PPPoA - protocol, I'm not sure what Plusnet requires but it will be either PPPoE or PPPoA so try both. After checking these things you should get a physical connection, after that you need to setup the PPPoE connection on your router which I can't help you with I'm afraid but the principal is to set which of your router's ports the 130 is plugged into, allocate this as a PPPoE connection and to enter your Plusnet credentials

• nitefox75
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Sep 2018 16:38 #3 by nitefox75
Replied by nitefox75 on topic Re: PLUSNET-VIGAR130
Cheers pal sorted it now and got my ubiquity switch up and running, so far impressed with the vigor130 for what it is...