• playerone
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
28 Oct 2018 16:45 #1 by playerone
2862 and central management of G2260 was created by playerone
Hi,

I've set up my Vigor2862 (3.8.9.2_BT) with 3 SSIDs, 3 LANs, 3 VLANS and assigned one physical port to each SSID/LAN/VLAN. Each SSID/LAN/VLAN has a separate 10.x.x.x/24 address range and a DHCP pool.

It works a treat, connecting to each SSID results in an address assigned in the correct pool. Physical devices on ports 1-3 similarly get an address in the appropriate pool and can get out to the internet. Devices in two of the VLANs can see devices in the same VLAN but not in the other VLANs. The 3rd VLAN is for guests so it has member isolation enabled. So far so good.

Now I'm trying to extend VLANs 1 & 2 to a G2260 switch (v3.48). I want to use port based VLANs to (I thought) keep it simple so I have run two cables from the router to the switch, for now only cable 1 is connected. I simply want the switch to act as two totally isolated groups of 12 ports. I have set up VLANs 1 & 2 in the switch and isolated a half the ports into VLAN2. Again so far all is good. Things in VLAN1 can see each other and out to the internet, things in VLAN2 can see each other (if they have a static IP) but they don't get a DHCP assignment. So now I connect the VLAN2 cable to the switch VLAN2 port group. Nothing in VLAN 2 gets a DHCP assignment, if it has a static IP in the correct range it can't ping the router. Nothing in VLAN 1 can get out to the internet any more. Disconnect the VLAN2 cable and VLAN1 works again.

I thought I had everything in the router set up correctly. As I said each physical port/SSIDs works in perfect isolation the other physical ports/SSIDs. However, when I view the switch from the Central Management pages in the router only VLAN 1 is listed for the router (top part of the VLAN page) and only VLAN1 for the switch (bottom part of the VLAN page. VLANs 2 & 3 on the router are missing, VLAN2 on the switch is missing.

So my questions are:
1) On the switch what else apart from port based VLAN membership do I need to set up to split it in two halves with an uplink port to the router in each half?
2) Why is the router only offering up VLAN1 for extension to the switch in the central management page?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.