DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2762ac not connecting to netflix

• jezphr
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2018 13:55 #1 by jezphr
2762ac not connecting to netflix was created by jezphr
I have just changed my old 2830 router for a 2762ac. I have set it up pretty much identically to the old router but it will not allow me to access Netflix from Samsung Tvs (3 of them). It is fine from a computer. I get a nw-4-7 error from netflix but their troubleshooting tips do not rectify it. If I plug the old router back in then it all works again. iplayer and other streaming services are fine. Any help much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Nov 2018 17:28 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2762ac not connecting to netflix
Forum software went beserk and double-posted :?:

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
04 Nov 2018 17:28 #3 by hornbyp
There's not much to go on ...

Perhaps the Netflix app is detecting some kind of configuration change (lots of online help suggests logging out and back in, which I assume could reset its view of the world). You could try using the Bind2MAC function to make sure the TVs have the same IP addresses when using either 2830 or 2762. That way the Netflix app might not sense anything is different.

Failing that ... maybe you don't have UPnP enabled on the 2762?. Or is there a Firewall rule that's blocking access?

• jezphr
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2018 09:33 #4 by jezphr
Replied by jezphr on topic Re: 2762ac not connecting to netflix
Thanks for your reply hornbyp. I had already tried Binding IPs as I had it set up like that before. I have no firewall rules apart from the default ones. Still no luck I'm afraid. Didn't realise I needed UPnP enabled (not sure it was before) but have now enabled that too.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
05 Nov 2018 15:12 #5 by hornbyp

jezphr wrote: Didn't realise I needed UPnP enabled (not sure it was before) but have now enabled that too.

I don't know if Netflix requires UPnp - but I could see why it might...

You don't say if you're using Wifi or a wired connection. Are you in a position to try the 'other' method on one TV :?:

Does the Netflix client work on other devices (PC,Phone etc) with the 2762 :?:

The Netflix clients on my Sony TV and Tivo have some diagnostics at (settings) >> Get Help. You can double check the IP/DNS there and run some sort of connection test, which might shed some light...

(The 'speed test' diagnostic says 34Mbps on my TV and 124Mbps on my Tivo - both are wired. A 'standard' speedtest on my PC says 209Mbps, so I'm not sure what Netflix is measuring.)

Your TV sets probably have 'general' network diagnostics built-in as well, that might help.

In the absence of any decent error messages, it's all guesswork :(

Out of curiosity, who is your ISP :?:

...As I write that, I just wondered ... is the WAN MTU set the same on both Routers :?:

• jezphr
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2018 16:33 #6 by jezphr
Replied by jezphr on topic Re: 2762ac not connecting to netflix
Hi

Thanks for the help.

I have 3 Samsung TVs connected to the router - 2 wired and one wireless. All have the same issue (Netflix not working but iPlayer and others do work). I cannot get far enough into the Netflix App to look at any settings but part of the error page allows me to check the network. This checks Netlix servers 1,2 and 3 and then the internet. On one TV they all get a tick. On the others we get a tick for Server 1 and internet but crosses for the other 2 servers. Weird.

I can connect to Netflix from computers connected to the router.

My ISP is Zen internet

MTU is not the same. It is 1520 on the 2762 and something slightly less on the 2830. I can't recall the number and cannot currently login to it as it seems to have died - it was a bit flaky hence buying a new one.