Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

use 2860n+ with Vodafone connect fibre

• sirocco1234
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2018 18:31 #1 by sirocco1234
use 2860n+ with Vodafone connect fibre was created by sirocco1234
A real dunce's question!
I have just been "upgraded" to Vodafone business FTTC broadband (having been told that trusty old Demon platform will be closing)

I'm told by the sales people that I can bridge my 2860n+ from the Vodafone connect box bringing in the DSL line.

I am planning to take an Ethernet cable from one of the Lan ports on the back of their modem and plug it into my 2860 WAN 2 Ethernet port and configure Wan2 as a PPPOE pass thru with the correct username and settings. Hopefully all of my LAN stuff will continue to be managed by my 2860 and Ill have a decent speed internet service.

My question is this,
Both the Vodafone modem and my Draytek have address 192.168.1.1 and I assume that if I go to this in a browser that I'll reach the Vodafone box ?
How can I login to my Draytek to do all the things that need to be done on a regular basis,? ought I to set the Draytek as, say, 192.168.1.2 or will this just cause problems.

Any help and advice for a newbie would be appreciated.!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
06 Nov 2018 23:42 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: use 2860n+ with Vodafone connect fibre
Can't you just plug the 2860 into the 'phone' line and dispense with the other box?

Otherwise, the Vodafone Connect Box (whatever that is :) ) will have to be configured into Bridge Mode. While you're doing that, you can change its IP address to something that doesn't clash with the 2860 - you can't have two devices with the same address. (Presumably this 'Connect Box' has Wifi and a DHCP server - both of which need to be off).

Logging into the Draytek shouldn't be a problem. Logging into the Vodafone Connect box (should you need to), could well prove more challenging ...you may have to connect to it directly to set it up in the first place.

• sirocco1234
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2018 14:09 #3 by sirocco1234
Replied by sirocco1234 on topic Re: use 2860n+ with Vodafone connect fibre
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ve now connected my 2860 directly to the DSL and it’s working ok.!