DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Measure internet speed of LAN IP address?

• theia
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Nov 2018 21:55 #1 by theia
Measure internet speed of LAN IP address?

Hi,

I would like to find out the speed of any live internet connection for a specific IP address on our LAN.

The issue is that whilst I can see the speeds in Data Flow Monitor, it does not differentiate between the connection between the IP address and the internet site, or the speed between the IP address and another IP address on the LAN. i.e. not using the internet. I would like to find out if the bandwidth being used is Internet traffic or a LAN IP to another LAN IP address.

Can someone advise me please?

T.

[Vigor 2860ac ]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2018 19:50 #2 by e.ringrose
Replied by e.ringrose on topic Re: Measure internet speed of LAN IP address?
If you click on the individual IP in Data Flow monitor it'll show the WAN data for that IP for the last 30 hours.

Otherwise I'd look at using SNMP monitoring with something like PRTG. This will give you nice graphs of the bandwidth used for individual LAN ports and also the WAN interface(s).

PRTG has a free 100 sensor monitoring after the 30 days trial which is more than enough to monitor a Draytek.

• theia
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2018 17:00 #3 by theia

e.ringrose wrote: If you click on the individual IP in Data Flow monitor it'll show the WAN data for that IP for the last 30 hours.

Otherwise I'd look at using SNMP monitoring with something like PRTG. This will give you nice graphs of the bandwidth used for individual LAN ports and also the WAN interface(s).

PRTG has a free 100 sensor monitoring after the 30 days trial which is more than enough to monitor a Draytek.

Thank you, that's very helpful
Appreciated.

T.