DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Can I configure a 2762 on FTTC line and then move to ADSL

• markvoip
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2018 11:53 #1 by markvoip
Just taken delivery of a 2762ac on behalf of a less computer-literate friend. I would like to configure some settings, including adding a ipsec VPN (with user).

I would have to do that on my (Plusnet) FTTC VDSL phone line.
If I do that, will it work when it's moved to the friends house and plugged into their (Plusnet) ADSL phone line, or will it need a reset (defeating the purpose of pre-configuring)?
Obviously I will change the login details as the final thing.

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oviano
  • User
  • User
More
30 Nov 2018 12:03 #2 by oviano
You should be ok to do that - I don't have the exact same router, but on my 2862 WAN1 is used for both VDSL and ADSL, so it should be the case that you can configure everything you need and then the only thing you'll need to change is the WAN1 settings to make it use your friend's ADSL connection instead.

VPN, port forwarding, dynamic DNS and anything else you might set up should just work as they will all be based around WAN1. Even if you were going to switch to using WAN2 it wouldn't mean you'd have to change much to be honest. Certainly I can't see why VPN/users would need changing.

• markvoip
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2018 18:47 #3 by markvoip
Many thanks. Very helpful. I have done the config, will send my friend off with the router and then hold my breath until it is plugged in...!

Mark

More
01 Dec 2018 16:23 #4 by admin
I think you'd need to reconfigure it as the V2762 has only one active WAN.

Forum Administrator

• markvoip
  • Topic Author
More
04 Dec 2018 00:12 #5 by markvoip
In practive I was able to do all the configuration without connecting the 2762 to my VDSL line. Just powered it on and connected nothing but a laptop via ethernet.

Was able to set WAN login details and static ip. Also VPN.

When moved to my friends house, it plugged in to their ADSL and everything worked.

Thanks for the help.