• chand-o
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Nov 2018 16:35 #1 by chand-o
Vigor130 and vigor2830n was created by chand-o
Hi All

I have bee running a Vigor 130 in bridge mode with a Vigor 2830n-plus on a VDSL connection. I have never been able to connect to the 130 to check the line stats etc as they are not displayed in the 2830n. I have tried to set a static route but it never connects

Today i have a new ISP so i figured perfect time to pull it all out and set up the using Vlan tags as suggested on the Draytek website. The menu layout and options are completely different to those in the article.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Thanks

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 09:35 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2830n
If you're referring to the instructions on this site https://www.draytek.com/en/faq/faq-connectivity/connectivity.wan/how-to-access-vigor130-in-bridge-mode/ then I suspect that they are written for a non-UK 130

However, all you need to do is note that in Step 1 the "Customer" and "Service" boxes in their example are the other way round to those in a UK 130

and in Step 2 all you need to so is have MPoA enabled and Bridge Mode ticked. I have DNS servers filled in on mine as well but I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Step 3 onwards should all be fine, works for me.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2018 11:59 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2830n
But does this work on the 2830?. (It was the penultimate thing I tried, in my quest to access a Zyxel VMG1312-B10D ).

No matter which combination of settings I tried, I couldn't make the 2830's Multi-PVC options match those in Draytek's article. (The 2830 emulator is here: http://eu.draytek.com:12830/ )

More
01 Dec 2018 14:06 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2830n
Ah I see - I didn't realise the 2830 was somewhat different. I've only tried it on a 2862 and a 2925. The Draytek page just refers to "most models".

• nrb501
  • User
  • User
More
08 Dec 2018 17:00 #5 by nrb501
Replied by nrb501 on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2830n
A quick and dirty way to do this is:
1. set the v130 to an unused address on your local subnet.
2. Connect a patch lead between one of the LAN ports and the WAN port on the 2830
3. Connect the v130 to another of the LAN ports on the 2830

You should now be able to connect to the v130 via its (local) IP address, the PPP session data will simply loop through the v2830 LAN side.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
08 Dec 2018 23:38 #6 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2830n
I believe I tried this ... albeit with a Zyxel "modem", rather than a V130. It worked initially ... but Internet speed rapidly decayed away to almost zero (and Thinkbroadband's Monitor showed vastly increased ping response times to match).

I believe this was probably caused by Broadcast traffic, appearing on both the LAN and WAN ports thus causing some kind of loop. Separating a LAN port out as a VLAN, drastically improves the situation - but the 2830n won't boot up in this configuration.

See here .