Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Apple Macs Not Visible Over LAN-to-LAN VPN

• kampernaut
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2018 14:33 #1 by kampernaut
Apple Macs Not Visible Over LAN-to-LAN VPN was created by kampernaut
Hello everybody,

I have successfully set up a LAN-to-LAN IPSec Tunnel VPN between two 2860n routers in separate locations connected to the Internet via VPN.

I have Multicast via VPN set to pass on both ends, but Macs at each site don’t see the Macs or NAS machines on the other site. The two LANs have different IP address ranges 10.0.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24.

I can set up connections by specifying IP addresses, but the normal Bonjour type discovery you see on a single LAN doesn’t work across the sites.

Please can anyone tell me how to set things up so that services available on one site are visible on the other?

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kampernaut
  • Topic Author
More
17 Dec 2018 17:48 #2 by kampernaut
Replied by kampernaut on topic Re: Apple Macs Not Visible Over LAN-to-LAN VPN
I managed to solve this problem, and I thought I would post here in case it helps anyone else.

When I sent one of the routers to the other site, I presumed they would connect it to the ISP using the WAN 1 VDSL port. Instead, they plugged the old VDSL modem into the Ethernet WAN 2 port. The same static IP address was then configured into both WAN 1 and WAN 2. removing that address from WAN 1 seemed to do the trick.

Now all I need to know is how to get the Bonjour advertisements working to Mac's dial-in VPN users. Anyone got any tips please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.