Firewall Rules are Invisible

• mike petty
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2018 19:30 #1 by mike petty
Firewall Rules are Invisible was created by mike petty
The setup is as follows: Vigor 2830n router, module 6, single band, latest recommended firmware installed.

The problem: firewall rules that I have previously set are not displayed in Filter Setup. The only filter rules visible are the default call and data filters, all other filter rules and filter sets are not ticked as active and are blank in terms of their content. However, the filter rules that I set are clearly in operation, despite not being visible within the filter setup windows. For example, I set filter rules to allow certain PCs on the LAN to have access to the WAN, but not other PCs, and access to the WAN is restricted as per the rules that I set.

I now need to set some further filter rules, but I can’t because I can’t see the existing filter rules to know which ones are free for editing.

Solutions tried and failed: 1) reboot router; 2) factory reset, reboot and reinstallation of the configuration file; and 3) installation of latest recommended firmware and reinstallation of configuration file.

Any ideas?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
10 Dec 2018 14:27 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Firewall Rules are Invisible
You could try the "IPF" command, via the Telnet interface.

Code:
> ipf view -q Usage: ipf view [-VcdhrtzZ] -V show version of this IP filter -c show the running call filter rules -d show the running data filter rules -h show hit-number of the filter rule -r show the running (call & data) filter rules -t display to the end -z clear the statistics after this command -Z clear IP filter's gross statistics

(Telnet command reference (of sorts), here: http://www.draytek.co.uk/download/support/Telnet_Commands_V1.11.zip )

More
10 Dec 2018 18:18 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Firewall Rules are Invisible
Try a different browser? e.g. iOS devices do not display all GUI settings (using Flash?) and IE11 doesn't work for me on some sites whereas Chrome does.