DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862 DMZ setup to another firewall.

• marklawrence
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2018 16:12 #1 by marklawrence
Vigor 2862 DMZ setup to another firewall. was created by marklawrence
Hi

I am a newbie when it comes to Drayteks.

We have a Watchguard that connects to an external PPPoE DSL internet. However as we want to Firecluster 2 Watchguards PPPoE is not supported so we need to setup a Static IP address for the external interface.

Not a problem I thought. i will just by a Draytek 2862 and configure a DMZ to the Watchguard (WG) External interface (192.168.254.10 DG 192.168.254.1). The WAN1 PPPoE connection was setup and I could get on the internet. I set the Draytek LAN port 4 as a DMZ port and under NAT I set the DMZ Host as 192.168.254.10 (It found the interface from the find ip address).

However expecting that all ports would be forwarded on to the WG interface port this did not happen. I can ping the external fixed ip (when I found out where to turn it on) however the VPN tunnels and any other other side of the WG I cannot connect to as before. The DMZ does not appear to be working.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to open ports or static routing. I am at a loss as to what to try next, Are there any good links as to how to set a DMZ on this router?

Many thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.