IPV6 Not Working

• apolloa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
13 Dec 2018 20:22 #1 by apolloa
IPV6 Not Working was created by apolloa
Hi, I have a Vigor 130 plugged in, on default factory settings, running the latest BT firmware. It is plugged into my Google WiFi.
Since my Google WiFi last updated its firmware I can’t enable IPV6, it was working fine. I plugged in my BT Smarthub tonight and it worked fine on IPV6, I’m in BT Infinity.

Are their any changes I could make to model settings to try and get my IPV6 back? Everything is working fine. The Google release notes state IPV6 is disabled by default in pppoe connections, but I can’t switch it back in, if I unplug the dsl lead to my Vigor the Switch in the Google WiFi settings for IPV6 will turn on but it won’t save the settings? Just want d to check if their are any Vigor changes I could make before trying to restore my Google WiFi firmware?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• apolloa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Dec 2018 21:17 #2 by apolloa
Replied by apolloa on topic Re: IPV6 Not Working
Ok so a full restore of my Google WiFi hasn’t fixed it, the last firmware states IPV6 is disabled by default on PPPOE for compatibility reasons?
I’ve set my Vigor into bridge mode as it was at default. Apart from the benefit if IPTV working in bridge mode, what other differences are there between Bridge mode and the PPPOE passthrough modes?

More
20 May 2020 11:33 #3 by dooley_do
Replied by dooley_do on topic Re: IPV6 Not Working
Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm using Google Wifi with PPPOE and BT. Wondering if bridge is a better option? I still have no IPv6.