Vigor2862 Not allowing access to LAN device

• bwhight
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 17:22 #1 by bwhight
Hi all,

I have had a 2862 for nearly a year now. It usually works fine in giving any new device I connect (via home CAT network) an IP and thus I can log in to the device's IP. However, I have just bought a TP-Link OC200 wifi controller (to manage my network of 5 APs) and although the 2862 gives it an IP (via DHCP of fixed - ive tried both), I cant log in to the OC200 using that IP. Ive tried using various browsers and laptops/ipads to do it without luck. I know it's an issue with my network because I connected the OC200 to an old DLink router I had and i can log in to the OC200 straight away with that.

Any ideas welcome. I'm stuck!

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 18:33 #2 by hornbyp
Never heard of the OC200, but just watched the Setup Video .

Does the "Cloud LED flash slowly" to indicate it is connected to the Internet? (as, apparently, it should)

• bwhight
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 19:11 #3 by bwhight
Hi hornbyp
No, the cloud LED light doesnt flash slowly. Ive looked out for that as an indication it's got internet access. For some reason the 2862 is giving it an IP but not allowing it to connect to anything in the LAN or the internet. Ive been through all the 2862 admin menus and tried switching off the firewall (well, i thought i switched it off anyway). I admit im no pro, so maybe there's other things I can disabled/enable on the 2862?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 19:33 #4 by hornbyp
Is UPnP enabled? ... I could imagine that being required for 'cloud' access.

• bwhight
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 20:03 #5 by bwhight
Yep, got that enabled on the 2862 and have both "Enable Connection Control Service" and "Enable Connection Status Service" both ticked.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
09 Jan 2019 23:18 #6 by hornbyp
If you plug another device into the 2862, in place of the OC200, does that work OK? i.e. is the problem related to that physical port. (I assume this port has never been part of a VLAN, or anything like that)