Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860 NAT type issue on Xbox One

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jan 2019 06:39 #1 by bigshorty
Vigor 2860 NAT type issue on Xbox One was created by bigshorty
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone can help me with an issue regarding NAT type on my Xbox One through a Vigor 2860 router and Vigor 130 modem.
For some reason I always seem to have either a ‘Moderate’ or ‘Strict’ NAT type on my Xbox One console when it should be ‘Open’. I have enabled UPnP and restarted my 2860 but the Xbox NAT type never goes to ‘Open’.
Does anyone know how to rectify this so that the NAT type on the Xbox will always be Open?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joners
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
21 Jan 2019 09:04 #2 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: Vigor 2860 NAT type issue on Xbox One
Ok, unrelated why are you using a 130 with a 2860? The 2860 has an ADSL/VDSL modem built in already?

Re the Xbox, make sure the 2860 is running the latest firmware, many of my Drakteks have had issues with Xbox’s and NAT.

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jan 2019 10:48 #3 by bigshorty
Replied by bigshorty on topic Re: Vigor 2860 NAT type issue on Xbox One

joners wrote: Ok, unrelated why are you using a 130 with a 2860? The 2860 has an ADSL/VDSL modem built in already?

Re the Xbox, make sure the 2860 is running the latest firmware, many of my Drakteks have had issues with Xbox’s and NAT.

Thanks for the reply

The reason I use the 130 as well as a 2860 is so that any router changes I make will only need a reboot of the 2860 and not the 130. This means that the DLM will not act on my line and start throttling back my internet connection, I found out my line is rather susceptible to DLM intervention the more the modem is rebooted.

I'm pretty sure the 2860 has the latest firmware installed but I will check again.

• joners
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
21 Jan 2019 18:44 #4 by joners
Fair enough. :)

You could always assign a static IP or IP reservation to your Xbox then configure port forwarding rules as per the Xbox support page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

The reason I mention the firmware was in the 3.9 release notes on the 2862 they specifically mentioned fixes for Xbox NAT. I think I was getting the 2860 and 2862 mixed up.

• bigshorty
  • Topic Author
More
21 Jan 2019 20:08 #5 by bigshorty
Replied by bigshorty on topic Re: Vigor 2860 NAT type issue on Xbox One

joners wrote: Fair enough. :)

You could always assign a static IP or IP reservation to your Xbox then configure port forwarding rules as per the Xbox support page.

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

The reason I mention the firmware was in the 3.9 release notes on the 2862 they specifically mentioned fixes for Xbox NAT. I think I was getting the 2860 and 2862 mixed up.

Many thanks for the suggestion.

I would definitely like to try the port forwarding rules as you suggested, but port forwarding isn't something I have done much on before. Is there any chance you could tell me how I go about opening the mentioned Xbox ports please? I'm happy with setting a static IP on the Xbox, just the port forwarding rules I need help on.

I'd be grateful for any help.

• joners
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
21 Jan 2019 21:15 #6 by joners
This shows the process.

https://www.noip.com/support/knowledgebase/setting-port-forwarding-draytek-router/

You want to set the static IP address first of all on the Xbox, after that create multiple port redirection rules for the ports/prtocals listed on the Xbox link in my last post. The source ip is “any” the private ip is the Xbox. After you have applied and saved them all reboot the router and the Xbox and test your NAT again.