Proving a Router is Working Well

• martinsach
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Jan 2019 23:07 #1 by martinsach
Proving a Router is Working Well was created by martinsach
Hi all. This is a slightly unusual topic, but I wonder if anyone has any ideas. I have a Draytek 2750 FTTC router and for some time I have been experiencing prolonged disconnections from the broadband service of my ISP. A lot of testing and debate has taken place that I need not go into here but it is now being suggested that my router may be faulty. I am sure there is nothing wrong with it, every function is working as it should and it connects and works normally when the service is available, shows in the control panel "disconnected" when it is not available. However my ISP and Openreach are adamant that the line is OK - they want to pin the blame on my router. The disconnections are not random and I am convinced the cause is external. Is there a way I can get the router independently tested to prove to the ISP that it is not faulty? Has anyone any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• joners
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
25 Jan 2019 07:03 #2 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: Proving a Router is Working Well
No way to test that I’m aware of. We used to use DrayTek’s on BT lines with our WFH staff. We would find instances like this and more times than not swapping the router did resolve the issue. We also made sure to keep a BT HH available so they could test the line.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.