Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

wan4 usb failover

More
06 Feb 2019 17:10 #1 by veee
wan4 usb failover was created by veee
hi guys

question
router is a 2862 with a vodaf**e usb dongle in usb2 for wan4
tested network and internet connectivity on 4g with wan 2 unplugged and works fine.

main fibre line is a static ip'd fibre that comes from a fibre converter to wan 2 and this is working well.
now yesterday we lost the fibre line and the router did not switch over to usb. on testing i found that with the wan2 line in still, even though there is no internet the router still tries this connection and does not swop over.
if disconnected then works on 4g. is this because the router still sees an ethernet link and is there a workaround for this for a future failure.

thanks gents, ( & ladies of course )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2019 18:08 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: wan4 usb failover
Just a thought but if you set WAN2 connection detection to Ping Detect does it work then?

I have a 2925ac with WAN1 as vdsl from a 130 and WAN2 as a wifi router. I found (subjectively) that if I set WAN2 to be "always on" (with no load balancing) and set the failover options in route policy instead the "time to failover" appears to be a bit shorter, but that might be just wishful thinking on my part...

More
07 Feb 2019 13:03 #3 by veee
Replied by veee on topic Re: wan4 usb failover

Piste Basher wrote: Just a thought but if you set WAN2 connection detection to Ping Detect does it work then?

I have a 2925ac with WAN1 as vdsl from a 130 and WAN2 as a wifi router. I found (subjectively) that if I set WAN2 to be "always on" (with no load balancing) and set the failover options in route policy instead the "time to failover" appears to be a bit shorter, but that might be just wishful thinking on my part...

i tried this last night and this seemed to work on ping detection, however pulling the fibre this morning and nothing, ffs why cant it just swop connections. :lol: