2862ac unable to mount USB stick.

• joners
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
08 Feb 2019 16:58 #1 by joners
2862ac unable to mount USB stick. was created by joners
Anyone else having issues with the 2862 running 3.9.0 unable to mount a USB drive. I’ve tried about 10 different sticks now, USB 2/3/3.1 ranging from 8Gb to 128Gb, all using FAT32. They are detected but unable to mount. No issues using them on a 2860 at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2019 15:14 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2862ac unable to mount USB stick.
When you say "detected" ... what status does the 2862 show?

Do both USB slots behave the same?

More
11 Feb 2019 07:36 #3 by x64
Replied by x64 on topic Re: 2862ac unable to mount USB stick.
I'll chime in here... I've seen something similar (on my 2862ac)
Since purchasing the device 10 months ago I had an issue where syslog to USB would not automatically restart after a router restart - I'd have to toggle it off and on to kick it into life). Annoying as I also have an issue with uncommanded restarts ('sys ver dbg' shows nothing and nothing shows on logs to syslog server). THEN with 3.9.0_BT, it appeared that the syslog to USB issue MIGHT be resolved. It was certainly restarting (most of the time?). I left my syslog server running anyway. [I have reviewed the unexpected restarts article - nothing explains]

A few days ago I had another unexpected restart. I forgot to check that syslog to USB was working immediately thereafter (I was getting more relaxed that the issue was fixed).

Then yesterday, I realised that the USB DISK (USB Device status - disk tab and USB file explorer), was showing as "disconnected" in the UI. The USB LED was on, the UI showed the USB port highlighted in green on the graphic and interface list. Re-inserting the USB stick did not help. Reviewing my syslog server showed the USB stick being inserted and identified correctly. The were no messages about attempts to mount the filesystem or failures doing so. I have not had time to investigate more deeply yet.

The stick in use was the on that I'd used a lot before and was in a port where it had been for a month or so (and had been working within the parameters described above).

• joners
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
14 Feb 2019 21:04 #4 by joners
Replied by joners on topic Re: 2862ac unable to mount USB stick.
Exactly what x64 was saying.

To be honest I’ve given up on my 2862 and have moved to a USG.

More
16 Feb 2019 20:04 #5 by x64
Replied by x64 on topic Re: 2862ac unable to mount USB stick.
An update on my situation.... I find that my USB stick is now corrupted and unreadable. I'm fairly sure that the unexpected router restart corrupted the partition table. :x .

The stick has been fine before for many months, and with recovery software, I can see that my the files are still there.