Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Advice on configuring IPv6 on V2860 with BT infinity

• johnsmall
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2019 15:17 #1 by johnsmall
Yes I know the solution is to move away from BT. But foolishly I extended my BT broadband contract before I realised I could do with IPv6 to get as many static IP IPv6 addresses as I need.

So how far can I go with BT before giving up? I have 5 static IPv4 addresses. When I configure my Vigor 2860 as per the instructions on Draytek, using PPP, there's no option for static IPs and in any case although it appears to get an IPv6 connection, it's not recognised by https://test-ipv6.com/

Any clues or hints? Apart from the obvious like 'move to a different supplier'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2019 11:20 #2 by admin
I'm not sure why you mention IPv4. On my 2860, IPv6 works fine and compatible clients on the LAN also picked up IPv6 addresses. I'm not home right now to check my settings for you now (I am on BT infinity too).

Forum Administrator

• lipsofamoose
  • User
  • User
More
17 Feb 2019 14:34 #3 by lipsofamoose
Would you post your settings please as I am also failing tests but seem to have an address and can ping www.google.com etc as per the guilde

• johnsmall
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Feb 2019 09:24 #4 by johnsmall
It would be nice to have a definitive list of instructions on how to configure IPv6 for BT Infinity.

1) Home or Business user?
2) Static or dynamic IP addresses?
3) If static IPv6 addresses, where did you get the configuration information from? I had a letter from BT giving me my list of static IPv4 addresses, but I've not idea if I've also got static IPv6 addresses.