DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2925 BT FTTP 330Mbps speed etc.

• thedanshepherd
  • Topic Author
More
21 Feb 2019 17:13 #1 by thedanshepherd
Vigor 2925 BT FTTP 330Mbps speed etc. was created by thedanshepherd
I wanted to replace the Homehub with something more robust as many do and at £75 a month I want the best from my connection.

Generally the Vigor 2925 performs some things better, lower ping, no ping loss some some servers where there was on the Homehub and less reboots required.

However it struggles with the throughput a bit. Wired connections get the 308-310 I actually in real world perfectly fine on the Homehub, but I struggle to get it on the Vigor. Occasionally I wish it'll eventually reach 308 on tests, but often it's stuck around 260-280. So first question, is there anything I can change to make sure i'm getting maximum throughput?

Secondly and this is a weird one - Xbox downloads from Microsoft servers on the Homehub are about 180Mbps, still almost half my actual speed, however when using the Vigor it's 35Mbps! I observed the same thing when testing a Ubiquiti router too. I couldn't figure out why on either - I tried using BT's DNS on both but they don't change it. I've used Cloudflare DNS on both too and the Homehub still gets much higher speeds. I've opened ports for the Xbox specifically (though they relate to Xbox Live and online gaming really, the NAT is fully open and no problems with that side of stuff) - the cables the setup everything is identical between the two routers, I literally swap the same ethernet cable from the Homehub to the Vigor and test, so there must be a setting I can tweak or change somewhere surely to allow the full speed through the Vigor?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.