Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Slingbox M1

• amoltu
  • Topic Author
More
01 Mar 2019 18:03 #1 by amoltu
Slingbox M1 was created by amoltu
Hi,

I've got a slingbox M1 to view my Virgin TV when travelling or just to watch a bi of cricket at work! Normally this works fine. Uses port 5301 which I've opened in my router up and forwarded to the IP address of the slingbox. Virgin ISP.

I have noticed that at times it seems throttled by some ISPs when connecting from outside. It would appear that some ISPs throttle traffic and some block it. It seems vodafone block it which has become a problem now I've switched to them form O2 for my mobile!
I could ditch Vodaphone but I'm a week into a 2 year contract!

Unlike some of the older slingboxes you can't log in to the device and get it to use another port. Apparently if you have multiple slingboxes on the network the second will allocate itself port 5302 and so on. It's a bit OTT to buy another slingbox to achieve this.

Can I circumvent this by redirecting the external port 5302 to 5301 on the IP address of the LAN? Will the slingplayer app recognise this slingbox as being accessable on port 5302? I suppose that is trial and error.

If not is there any way I can occupy port 5301 on the LAN (via the router interface) so the slingbox takes the next port?

Vodaphone not come up with a response as to 5301 being closed & Slingbox help is non existent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.