AP800 not responding at all

• dongledell
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Mar 2019 17:06 #1 by dongledell
AP800 not responding at all was created by dongledell
We are trying to install an AP800 into a network - there is already one other AP800 in it, which works very well, so seemed obvious to get another to extend it further.

Only problem is, I cannot get access to it whatsoever. Tried plugging it into the back of the PC direct, and into the network, but either way the default IP address cannot be reached through the browser. I've tried a factory reset on it, several times, holding the reset button down around 10 seconds till the lights flash, but no change. All lights that should light up, do light up, what else could I be missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dongledell
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 Mar 2019 19:51 #2 by dongledell
Replied by dongledell on topic Re: AP800 not responding at all
Further to earlier, I have tried the AP on a different network. I still cannot gain access to the management panel, however the computer does recognise it as an 'unrecognised network device'. Troubleshooting it, it says that it has an invalid IP configuration, but surely that should have been reset by the reset to factory default?

More
03 Mar 2019 08:45 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: AP800 not responding at all
What happens if you replace the existing AP with the new one? Possibly this is due to an IP address conflict?

• dongledell
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2019 20:25 #4 by dongledell
Replied by dongledell on topic Re: AP800 not responding at all

Piste Basher wrote: What happens if you replace the existing AP with the new one? Possibly this is due to an IP address conflict?

No change, I even went as far as to plug it directly in to a spare laptop that's never been connected to any network - it appears in the network list as a network adaptor, lights are on both ends of the Ethernet cable, but I can't get access to the management panel at all! I tried using the firmware update a minute ago just to see if that connected, but it said IP invalid something something...

I'm sure it's got to be something simple and I'm just being dumb.