Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Using Iphone as a USB modem on a Vigor 2862ac

• buggerall
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Mar 2019 23:39 #1 by buggerall
At present my internet connection to the 2862as is via WAN2 from a Huawei 4g Modem. I would like to connect via the USB port with an IPhone set to hotspot.

Does anybody have a guide for doing this.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 08:19 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Using Iphone as a USB modem on a Vigor 2862ac
I've no idea whether an iPhone can connect like that, but I use mine as a hotspot wirelessly connected to WAN2. Any reason you don't want to do it that way?

• buggerall
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Mar 2019 11:55 #3 by buggerall
What speed 2.4 or 5 does it connect as over WAN 2?

Thanks for the reply.

More
21 Mar 2019 17:48 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Using Iphone as a USB modem on a Vigor 2862ac
This is not something I do frequently but I have done it in the past. In an attempt to answer your question I just enabled the hotspot on my iPhone X but bizarrely my 2925ac is not able to discover it on either 2.4 or 5 GHz. I used an Android phone this way a couple of weeks ago and it was fine (I only tried 2.4Ghz then). Something odd going on with the iPhone but I don't have any other devices to hand to test at present. Sorry. I still can't see it working through the USB port though.

• buggerall
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Mar 2019 18:20 #5 by buggerall
I looked up relative speeds the USB is half as fast as the Wifi. So I will try wifi.

Thanks again for the help.