• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Apr 2019 23:40 #1 by wildwalker
Vigor 2862ac or 2926ac was created by wildwalker
Hello All,

I can't find a 'sales' section, so have put this here, apologies if it's not the right place.

I have to replace my Vigor router, as true to form after a few years use it's getting very tempremental (this has happened to every Vigor I had since the USB broadband one from back in the day).

Anyway, I currently have a Vigor 2850Vn. I don't use the Voip, so it is not a consideration. I have bought all of my routers over the years from SEG, and am happy to continue doing so.

I am looking (rightly or wrongly) at either the 2862ac or 2926ac, my requirements are:

Must haves:
Must work with BT infinity (i do use the separate Modem)
Must have 4 x SSID min and stable wifi (have to reboot my router at least once a day as the wireless stops)
Must support Multi-Nat (I have a subnet of 6 addresses)
I want something that has really great wireless
SSH server on the router (used this a lot until it started kicking me off every few minutes)

Nice to have:
Would be nice if I could use/convert my 2850 configuration file for use with the new router, I have a LOT of settings
Be nice if you associate a description with each MAC in the wireless IP filter table (i have no idea what half the items in there are anymore)
Admin as the username, tell me i can disable this now?
I would like to buy a model that isn't already 2 years old and due for replacement, if anything new is on the horizon please let me know.
Monitoring app that saves logging in the router all the time.

I don't care about dual link, only have one line, don't use 3G as a backup. I don't use the USB port as I have network printer/nas etc. If anyone has any suggestions about the model I should buy, please let me know, I picked out the two in this list as they have 4 antennas, so was hoping the WIFI would be better (and have multiple SSIDs if it has more radios).

Cheers all :)
Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.