• wildwalker
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Apr 2019 19:41 #1 by wildwalker
Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point was created by wildwalker
Hello all,

I have a wireless router in my office, which is upstairs in the house (2862ac) and a wireless router downstairs, being used as an AP only, because the wireless signal downstairs is poor from the upstairs Vigor.

So, I am looking at the Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point, but I have never properly used an AP before, and if someone could answer a few questions that would be awesome :)

RADIUS, does this mean that the same SSIDs would be on both the 2860ac and the Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point, meaning i could seamlessly move from upstairs to downstairs without having to switch which SSID i am on?

will the MAC filter addresses on the Vigor 2862ac be allowed on the Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point automatically?

Do I need to setup a RADIUS ID for each user? or can they all use the same one?

I have never used RADIUS, so apologies about my questions.

Best regards,
Alan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2019 08:26 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point
You can use the same SSIDs whether or not you use RADIUS

I use RADIUS for one of my SSIDs but whether or not I achieve "seamless" roaming with it compared to the other SSIDs which don't use it is moot. It can complicate login from some devices so only you can decide if you really want to use it or not.

I can't answer your MAC filter query but I suspect that you would have to set up the list on the AP as well as the router.

As far as I know RADIUS is on a user profile basis so you need a separate profile for each user - there's only me so it's not a problem, but depends how many users you have?

• mbames
  • User
  • User
More
26 Apr 2019 12:13 #3 by mbames
Replied by mbames on topic Re: Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point
I have a 2925 and a couple of AP910Cs. I set up a wifi profile in the 2925 and then push it out to all APs. No need to use radius, keep it simple.