VigorACS2

• nichomach
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Apr 2019 10:20 #1 by nichomach
VigorACS2 was created by nichomach
Hi, we're testing the on-prem install of VigorACS2 and I'm seeing an issue with firmware upgrades. I have a 2860n on 3.8.9.3_BT. I have the 3.8.9.4_BT firmware (I used the .all file) and created a task to upgrade the firmware. It appeared to execute and reported back as successful, but the router remains resolutely showing as on 3.8.9.3_BT. Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers,

Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nichomach
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Apr 2019 10:30 #2 by nichomach
Replied by nichomach on topic Re: VigorACS2
I actually manually rebooted as well, still on the 3.8.9.3_BT firmware. Remote upgrades are kind of a killer feature, so if this doesn't work and report back accurately then we can't really use the software, which would be a shame.

More
27 Apr 2019 14:59 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: VigorACS2
It should work and there are thousands of routers being upgraded in this way each month, so I'd check directly with support as they can guide you whereas probably few users on here.

Forum Administrator

• nichomach
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2019 12:17 #4 by nichomach
Replied by nichomach on topic Re: VigorACS2
OK, well thanks for the response; I have to say it wasn't wildly helpful - "It works in other places, go talk to support"? I have raised it with support, but I thought, perhaps naively, that this being the Draytek forum it might be an appropriate place to ask about peoples' experience with Draytek software, and whether anyone else had seen this issue. As it happens we may have got an answer, in cooperation with support, in that the process may have fallen foul of DPI on our head office firewall. Might help someone else anyway.