• tcr_busworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Apr 2019 16:25 #1 by tcr_busworks
Port forwarding and multiple synology servers was created by tcr_busworks
Hi,

We're a small office with no IT support and have a 2860ac router to supply our wired and wireless internet. We have a synology server which we have port forwarded and can be accessed off-site via SFTP, along with via synology's quickconnect service.

We've just bought an extra synology device which we'd also like access offsite, and to be used as a backup destination for a third synology server off site (via the synology shared folder sync - rsync set to work over port 2223) but we keep getting a failed connection. I've set up the 2860 port forwarding so that port 2223 goes to the fixed IP of this new synology, but without any luck. Additionally, testing off site and using the no-ip web address we have on this new synology server takes me to the router login page (192.168.1.1:8080) rather than the synology.

I expect I've not set up the router port forwarding correctly or missed something, but can anyone help me port forward multiple synology devices please?

Thanks very much

TCR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tcr_busworks
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 May 2019 14:36 #2 by tcr_busworks
Replied by tcr_busworks on topic Re: Port forwarding and multiple synology servers
No replies yet so I'm assuming it's either really obvious or really obscure... am I going about port forwarding all wrong? It seems like it should be possible to have multiple synology servers on the same network...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.