Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860AC and LG smart TV connection problems

• kneejerk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
02 May 2019 17:26 #1 by kneejerk
I am unable to connect a LG smart TV to the internet when using the VDSL connection on the router, however when using the secondary connection via another modem connected to the same ISP, it works fine. In both cases the TV is connected to the same WiFi network. The TV is suggesting that it can't connect to the DNS server when using the VDSL connection, in both cases I have set DNS to the same server (Google). Any suggestions most welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2019 07:00 #2 by rolleroo2
Replied by rolleroo2 on topic Re: 2860AC and LG smart TV connection problems
I've had problems with my LG TV after a reboot. Never quite sure what the issue was. I set it to have a fixed IP but not sure this will help. Sometimes took me multiple reboots to get it working.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
24 May 2019 10:25 #3 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: 2860AC and LG smart TV connection problems
Do you use "Application/DNS Security", as I had exactly the same issue on my 3220, had to disable the DNS security, by default it isnt enabled, so if you havent set it then this wont be the issue this time.

• kneejerk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jun 2019 12:21 #4 by kneejerk
Replied by kneejerk on topic Re: 2860AC and LG smart TV connection problems

rolandrat wrote:
Do you use "Application/DNS Security", as I had exactly the same issue on my 3220, had to disable the DNS security, by default it isnt enabled, so if you havent set it then this wont be the issue this time.

Spot on! Thank you for that as I did have "DNS Security" on. I spent hours with Drytek support (very helpful I would add - but no solution found) trying to solve this over a month ago and hadn't had the time to look at it again.