Vigor 2860Ln HotSpot web Portal Click-Through

• d3009
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 May 2019 12:57 #1 by d3009
Hi,

Just wanted to setup the 2860 for guest wireless access in our holiday cottage. I did not want to use social media login criteria to access the WiFi due to GDPR and the ramifications of data protection, so I wanted to use Hotspot access with click through so MAC address would form the username. I was able to setup the hotspot OK which appears when accessing the guest wireless lan, however when clicking the T&C's for acknowledging the terms of use, there was no log entries in the database. When I search the DB, sometimes the router crashes and reboots. Mem stick is in the USB and the DB is configured to the root directory on the mem stick. The user table never sees any new entries, auto refresh is set on, I've selected all options in the 'Select Columns to Filter Users' just to ensure i have not missed anything in User Info for HotSport Web Portal. The option to Enable Database to record user information is set in the DB setup. Any ideas as to where I may be going wrong in trying to log the users as they click the T&C's?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• d3009
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jun 2019 20:48 #2 by d3009
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if anyone had successfully implemented click through web portal on their Vigor 2860*, I'm sure there's just something simple that I'm missing from the implementation however to make matters worse the router has been more temperamental since upgrading to 3.8.9.5_BT.

Any suggestions welcome

Kind regards

• d3009
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Jun 2019 22:35 #3 by d3009
Dear all,

For anyone who sees the same symptoms as I, here is the solution that worked for me - I found the USB stick I was using was corrupt. Although it appeared as online within the USB settings on the router, it finally gave up the ghost when I tried to reformat it for a second time. Tried another 2GB USB stick and worked a treat.

Cheers