DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 Bridge mode - Error Accessing 192.168.2.1

More
18 May 2019 09:26 #7 by piste basher
Did you notice that on a UK 130 the "Customer" and "Service" boxes in the General Setup table are the other way round to the boxes as shown in those instructions?

With "Customer" vdsl tag set to enable and value 0 and "Service" vdsl tag set to disable, with the 101 tag set in the router, it works fine for me on Zen vdsl, which uses the Openreach backbone afaik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
18 May 2019 10:51 #8 by adrianh54

Piste Basher wrote: Did you notice that on a UK 130 the "Customer" and "Service" boxes in the General Setup table are the other way round to the boxes as shown in those instructions?

With "Customer" vdsl tag set to enable and value 0 and "Service" vdsl tag set to disable, with the 101 tag set in the router, it works fine for me on Zen vdsl, which uses the Openreach backbone afaik.

Yes, my neighbour uses this method and it works fine.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
18 May 2019 10:52 #9 by adrianh54

The PIT wrote:

AdrianH54 wrote:

The PIT wrote: That method https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212 will simply cause the the internet connection to drop.

On the pc try setting up as ppoe connection and then try accessing the interface.

That's why Draytek tell you to do this is it?

In bridge mode, as they clearly state, you can't access the stats from the modem in the normal way. ( PPOE and 192.168.2.1)

The method in the support instructions works perfectly well on Draytek modem to Draytek router if you follow the instructions given.

I followed the instructions and the internet connection drops so no it doesn't work. It may work with certain isp but BT definatley not.

Are you using the Vigor 130 in bridge mode or "out of the box" pass through mode?

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
18 May 2019 10:55 #10 by adrianh54

Hozz wrote: Will this method work for Asus routers or only Draytek routers?

Not sure about that. How are you running the Vigor 130? Have you put it in bridge mode or is it running in default settings ?

I use a Vigor 130 and an ASUS AC3200 , modem is running in pass through/default mode and I Access the stats via 192.168.2.1.

• hozz
  • User
  • User
More
01 Jun 2019 09:53 #11 by hozz
I am running mine in bridge mode so I suspect it won't work with an Asus router

More
05 Jun 2019 23:24 #12 by teessidechris78
Replied by teessidechris78 on topic Re: Vigor 130 Bridge mode - Error Accessing 192.168.2.1
I was facing the same problem and found a solution but can't locate the website.

But if your modem has an secondary connection option in Network\WAN what I did was selected static ip address from the secondary connection, put in an ip address of 192.168.2.3 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and saved the settings, then was able to access the web interface via 192.168.2.1, it worked for me but am using a tp link router.