Vigor 2926 -> ext. 4G Modem (Bridged) Static vs Dynamic IP

• mark.beeby
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 May 2019 13:39 #1 by mark.beeby
Hey guys,

I've purchased a DrayTek Vigor 2926 Dual-WAN Router and quite a few DrayTek VigorAP 903 APs to complement my existing Teltonika 4G-RUT240 4G LTE Router - knowing that the Teltonika device can support bridge / pass through it seemed like it'd be smooth sailing, however I'm getting a real oddity inside the Internet Access area of this WAN configuration forcing me to use a static IP configuration. I'm in the relevant WAN's "Static or Dynamic IP" section, including all settings such as the MAC of the 4G router etc. Under the "IP Network Settings" section I have the following options:-

Obtain an IP address automatically
Specify an IP address

I obviously want to Obtain the IP address automatically but the connection never works when this setting is chosen, however I notice under the Specify an IP address I do get a set of values automatically populating (IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway IP Address) even though not the chosen setting. When I move the "IP Network Settings" setting over to "Specify an IP address" the connection bursts into life as expected. This means however I'm then stuck with a static IP configuration on a 4G network which is going to inevitably change on a fairly regular basis.

Has anyone ever experienced this before or have any tips or tricks I'm missing here? Mildly worried I've just spent a small fortune on Draytek stuff only to then have to regularly maintain it IP settings wise! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.