DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SNMP results somewhat limited, any easy way to get extra metrics?

• paulw21781
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Jun 2019 15:13 #1 by paulw21781
I'm using a Vigor 130 and currently poll it using a python script from collectd to pull all the SNMP data. Where this is useful, it does seem to be missing some key items:

NE & FE CRC Count
NE & FE ES Count
NE & FE FECS Counts
US Attainable Rate

Am I missing something or is this intentionally not included in the SNMP stats for the modem?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2019 22:26 #2 by admin
I guess you're not in the UK or you're not using a UK spec. product as SNMP is not supported on the Vigor130 modem...

Forum Administrator

• paulw21781
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jun 2019 00:46 #3 by paulw21781
Hi

I am in the UK with a UK spec modem running the latest firmware (3.8.4_BT). I've been using the modem for some time now, since 2014, and originally enabled SNMP via the console way back then. However I'd like to pull extra information from it beyond that which is supplied via SNMP, and currently looking at a custom operator to telnet into the modem & parse the results of v s more command.

I've always wondered though, why the UK version is limited in comparison with other regions?

More
25 Jun 2019 14:57 #4 by admin
SNMP is not supported as a feature, so if you've enabled it, you're not going to get support as it's an undocumented/unsupported feature on that product. The Vigor 130 is not "limited" - it's intended as a specific UK product, as a DSL bridge/modem, designed and preconfigured for that purpose. In other regions, it is sold as a simple single port router.

Forum Administrator

• reepham
  • User
  • User
More
11 Aug 2019 20:50 #5 by reepham
@PaulW21781, any hints (by direct message if necessary) on how you were able to get SNMP working? I would find this useful and was frustrated to hear that it isn't available on the Vigor 130 as standard.