Vigor2862Lac VDSL and WiFi Woooos

• klemm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jul 2019 00:30 #1 by klemm
Vigor2862Lac VDSL and WiFi Woooos was created by klemm
After many years of frustration with my netgear nighthawk, I've just blown £450 :shock: on a Vigor2862Lac.

It seams this is a complete was of money for what is supposed to be a business class router. This is a complete joke of a router https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/solutions/failover :lol:

5Ghz (sometime 2.4Ghz) WiFi just completely disappears. No SSID broadcast, nothing, no errors in the log, led still active. Happens many times a day Reading the WiFi fourms this was reported back in 2018 https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22365.

FTTC VDSL Plus.net Connection Drops - Happens multiple times per day, mostly in the evening. I have a has connection 60mbps when its working but they it just drop the connection.

I purchased this router because I'm becoming more dependent on my internet for business and smart-home/security integration, I just can't fathom how this junk got into the market as a business class router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2019 17:49 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor2862Lac VDSL and WiFi Woooos
It's unfortunate that you're seeing these kind of issues with your new router. I'll pass your comments on to the support team.

I have a couple of suggestions - first of all, some of the problems you're seeing with connection drops might be helped with a different modem code, I suggest trying the MDM2 modem code of the alternative modem code downloads. Make sure that it's got an SNR Downstream value of 3 to 6. If it's below 3, you can adjust the requested VDSL SNR with the CLI command of "vdsl snr 10" to increase the requested SNR value by 1db.

Second, it's strange that you're seeing the wireless drop out like that, which isn't normal. I recommend trying a non-DFS channel of 36, 40, 44 or 48. Maybe the DFS check is causing your wireless to stop broadcasting, while it's checking that there's a clear channel to broadcast on, if it's detected that your selected channel is in use by radar etc.

The syslog output should list when that's occurring though, and what's happening if it's stopped broadcasting for any extended period of time.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.