Vigor2820Vn firmware update and Netflix not working

• terryc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jul 2019 09:04 #1 by terryc
Hi,

Just wanted to share some experiences I had over weekend. Have just switched my broadband from PlusNet to Zen FFTP - and wanted to re-use an old router, my old Vigor 2820Vn. I simply changed my internet login settings, switched to use WAN2 rather than ADSL, and MTU changed to 1442. Et voila - all working fine.

I noticed my firmware was quite old so thought it prudent to upgrade. The upgrade was from 3.3.7_232201 to latest 3.7.3_2471201.
I also thought I should use build 2471201 as this is recommended for ADSL2+ Annex M lines.

This all looked fine until the Philips smart TV tried to use Netflix app. This reported NW-2-5 & NW-2-4 errors which relate to network related problems. However, Netflix was running fine on other devices in house, laptops & tablets etc.

After a few reboots of TV, routers etc, I was contemplating a restore to earlier firmware until I found a potential fix.
I changed the DNS Server IP Address in the Draytek router settings, to use Google DNS rather than the default blank settings.

Primary IP Address: 8.8.8.8
Secondary IP Address: 8.8.4.4

Rebooted router, reset the Netflix app on tv and we are all good now.
I hope this may be helpful to anyone else being "green" and using legacy kit.

Cheers
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.