Help, Vigor 130 can't access router

• timwicks82
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Aug 2019 11:26 #1 by timwicks82
Help, Vigor 130 can't access router was created by timwicks82
Hi so i had an open reach modem that took some damage recently and decided to switch out to the vigor 130. I am wanting to run this in bridge mode and use my Asus router RT- AC698U. Talk talk does require username and password authentication. (PPPoE passthrough) I want the Asus to do all the DHCP work and ISP authentication etc. I installed the very latest firmware is installed on both, and I can put the router in bridge mode but than can't assess any router plugged into it. I have tried several, ethernet from Lan to Wan but can't locate or access either router tried. I followed all the setup instructions and guides for bridge mode and specifically for talk talk business. I am a major noob but can follow clear instructions or take screen shots. I'm tearing my hair out so any advice would be much appreciated.

The Vigor 130 is plugged in solid green dsl light flashing green ACT and green Lan when connecting the router or my laptop direct to the Vigor. Help am i missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance

I have tried the usual addresses to try and locate the router, will it be found on another address or is their a way to locate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Aug 2019 15:00 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Help, Vigor 130 can't access router
I'm not sure that I understand the problem - access to the router (via a cable connected from your laptop to one of its LAN ports) is available irrespective of whether you have anything, 130 or anything else, connected to the WAN port. Are you saying that you can access the router if the 130 is not plugged in but you lose access if you plug it in? This makes no sense at all.

The UK version of the 130 is not a router. https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge

Unless you are for some reason trying to access the router via your external IP address? That won't work until you've set up your ISP PPPoE connection in the router properly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.