Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n NO APP Licence DTec lost acc & registration

• 4jameslee
  • Topic Author
More
07 Aug 2019 19:42 #1 by 4jameslee
Hi
I have used a 2860n for a period now.

In 2018 - 2019 I was unable to access my registration account to obtain the APP Enforcement License.

An app license was obtained ok in 2017 the details I have hand written recorded, in a password book but no longer able to access this account on the myvigor.draytec site. Any attempt from tec services to reinstate my account with device registration details and serial number proves Useless.
I can not obtain license features for this device!

I contacted tec in 2018 but on providing a new account ( without required registration and serial no etc) one cannot install a CSM or APP license.

The original registration info appears lost on the Draytec servers.

I have updated firmware to all present release dates i.e now 2019 firmware.

Tec services attempt to refuse to answer why without an app license the router is often compromised
every protocol enabled, brute force disabled, and prior WAN access set to some unknown WAN user.

I find without protocol filtering ( & APP Enforcement License ) the device is insecure, little more secure than a switch.

Sorry this is a rant but this has been my plight since early 2018 and being compromised now several times since then, unable to secure this device I am angry.
Despite my attempts of asking technical staff to reinstate my device registration ( re-register the device) in a new account. Or forward this in file format.
Sorry for being so rude and direct.

Apart from go away... can anyone suggest how I might get this situation resolved ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.