DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 2862 - Port Redirection Range Bug?

• kiteflyer
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2019 10:34 #1 by kiteflyer
Hi,

I've been having problems getting port redirection forwarding working when using a range of ports.

I originally thought it was an issue with the service but on testing it is proving to be an issue with my 2862 router.

If I port forward a range of IPs to a private IP it is not working. No ports are mapped/forwarded. If I do a single port and test it works fine.

Looking at the UI it does appear to be broken, with the private range option seemingly affecting the IP NOT the port range?!?

As a work around I am trying to use the CLI to set up the port range (its 100 ports, single would take a long time) but I cannot work out how to set up a range of ports.

Q: Is there a fix for the web UI to set up a port forward for a range of ports?
Q: Can anyone give me an example of a CLI command to set up a port forward for a range of ports?
This didn't work:
srv nat portmap add 18 "Port Range for Service X" tcp 10000-10100 0 0 192.168.1.1 10000-10100 all 1

I am running Firmware: 3.9.1_BT

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kiteflyer
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Aug 2019 14:14 #2 by kiteflyer
Replied by kiteflyer on topic Re: Draytek 2862 - Port Forwarding Range Bug?
Note to use the Draytek term its 'port redirection' I'm talking about here.. same as port forwarding

More
15 Aug 2019 14:59 #3 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek 2862 - Port Forwarding Range Bug?
Why don't you use the "Open Ports" feature? - https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5787

• kiteflyer
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Aug 2019 13:49 #4 by kiteflyer
Replied by kiteflyer on topic Re: Draytek 2862 - Port Forwarding Range Bug?
Yes open ports works for ranges thanks for the suggestion, obviously have to use the same ports for it, cant map/redirect.

Still a bug IMO on the port redirection, in that mapping port ranges is broken. Tried to do it in CLI and think its broken there too, or even just unsupported even though the web UI gives impression you can do port ranges for port redirection.

Dev team need to have a look and either just disable port redirection range option or fix it... Spent a lot of time trying to diagnose :(

More
20 Aug 2019 16:55 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek 2862 - Port Redirection Range Bug?
That knowledgebase article linked to above quite specifically says that port redirection is limited to a single port, but there is an option to set a range in the GUI as you say.

Could you use Load balance/Route Policy to do what you're trying to do?

More
21 Aug 2019 09:22 #6 by admin3
The port redirection's ability to open a range of ports has a specific application, which I think differs from what you want to do.
It maps IP addresses to a range of external port numbers. For instance, you want to open up port 80 for IPs 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.20, using a Port Redirection rule's range function with ports 80 to 90 externally. That opens a range of ports so that 192.168.1.11 maps to port 81 and so on.

If you need to open a range of ports for a single IP address, you need to use the Open Ports instead.

If you want to open a range of ports internally and have those map to a separate range of ports externally, I don't think the router's NAT options are designed to do that. Maybe try contacting support to see if such a feature could be feasible.

Forum Administrator