DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2762 4G Failover Issue

• james.f
  • Topic Author
More
16 Aug 2019 14:18 #1 by james.f
2762 4G Failover Issue was created by james.f
Hi all. I have my Vigor 2762ac connected to a cable modem (WAN2), and also have a USB 4G dongle (WAN3) which is used as a backup should WAN2 fail. Under normal conditions where WAN2 is working, the 4G remains completely unused (no load balancing etc in place).

Yesterday we had an outage on WAN2, but the 4G did not take over as expected and we had no internet connectivity. 4G only kicked in when I either powered off the cable modem or physically disconnected it from the LAN port.

Can anyone suggest anything please?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2019 15:05 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2762 4G Failover Issue
Only a suggestion - try using Ping detect on WAN2 if you're not using it already.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
29 Aug 2019 18:38 #3 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: 2762 4G Failover Issue
Ive only got it to reliably work by changing the Wan detection option to ping detect then I use google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and the primary and secondary ping IP's
I use this on my 3220 for 3 WAN connections and it works faultlessly although I have to add that all 3 of mine are on all the time with load balance session based, but before I set to ping (I think default is ARP detect) it would keep them showing as up even when they were down.