• flash2
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2019 12:16 #1 by flash2
Google Nest Hello Over VPN was created by flash2
Hi,

Not strictly a Draytek question, but as I use Draytek routers, and you folk are very knowledgeable, I'll ask anyway:

I will soon have two properties I need to network together. The current one has a 2860N+, and I will be purchasing (unless told otherwise) a 2862AC for the second site.
The first site has verious Google Home Mini devices, Chromecast, the other, for the time being, will be running the Ssmart doorbell (Google Nest Hello).

The Google Nest Hello I beleive will broadcase a bell push event to any local (i.e. on the same subnet) Google Home Mini's and also show its live built in camera view on the local Chromecast.

Would connecting the two routers together via VPN allow the bell push on property 2 to alert on property 1's Google Home Mini's and Chromecast do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
17 Oct 2019 14:20 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Google Nest Hello Over VPN

Flash2 wrote: Would connecting the two routers together via VPN allow the bell push on property 2 to alert on property 1's Google Home Mini's and Chromecast do you think?

My guess (and that's all it is), would be no.

I spent a while trying to get two Tivo's to talk ... and came to the conclusion that some kind of 'helper' or proxy would be needed to get broadcast traffic to go across a Draytek VPN. Even common things like DLNA/UPnP don't work (over my 2830 <--> 2860 VLAN).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.