DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VPN not passing traffic

• ukdeveloper
  • Topic Author
More
16 Nov 2019 09:05 #1 by ukdeveloper
VPN not passing traffic was created by ukdeveloper
Ok so firstly im very very new to this stuff. So new in fact that i dont understand any of it and most if not all of what ive done so far is luck. lol.

Im on VIRGIN broadband. I have the Superhub 3, but its not in modem mode because the Draytek im currently playing with (to learn) is a VIGOR 2820 non wireless.

I want to use this router purely to connect to my VPN provider (ipvanish) so any device physically connected to this router goes across the vpn network.

So i have my Draytek connected to my VMHUB via the WAN2 port. The VMHUB is on a 192.168.0 range. The Draytek however only seems to get internet access on the 192.168.1 range. If i change it to the .0 range there is no throughput.

I have configured the VPN and it says its connected. However, my IP address doesnt change if i connect over Wifi (direct to VMHUB) of ethernet (DIRECT INTO 2820).

If anyone could steer me in the right direction, or even just tell me if this is possible or not I would be really grateful.

Thanks

UKD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leighwhitling
  • User
  • User
More
19 Nov 2019 11:31 #2 by leighwhitling
Replied by leighwhitling on topic Re: VPN not passing traffic
i run a very similar setup and it looks fine what you have done already but now you will need to set a route policy up so that the router pushes traffic through the VPN.

1. Go to Routing
2. Go to Load - Balance / Route Policy
3. Setup a policy so it pushes all traffic on your 192.168.1.* range over the VPN Interface

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.