DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2860n - Default Admin Logon not default after reset

• absolutelyjaked
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2019 19:44 #1 by absolutelyjaked
Per the summary, I have performed a factory reset on the device (which I am quite sure worked because the IP reset to default upon doing so) via the physical button, but the default admin/admin creds do not work :shock:

I have tried a couple of other passwords I though it might be that fall into generic default category, but to no avail.
I have tried logging in via telnet, it accepts admin as a username but still cannot get the password right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• absolutelyjaked
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2019 20:36 #2 by absolutelyjaked
Replied by absolutelyjaked on topic Re: 2860n - Default Admin Logon not default after reset
As an added note, I have attempted to flash .rst firmware to the device, Utility does not complain about anything and seems to flash successfully but it does not lead to success with my issue.

As an added quandary, when I attempt to put the firewall into TFTP mode, rather than the star pattern of flashing lights to indicate it is in TFTP mode that is shown on the guide on the following link for another 2860 series firewall, I get the left hand row of lights all flashing rapidly and simultaneously.

Any suggestions anyone, I am really hoping I have not got a paperweight...

• rusbrc
  • User
  • User
More
22 Nov 2019 23:50 #3 by rusbrc
I've reset mine via web interface and physical button and it always resets the password.

Only thing I can think of:

• Hold the reset button for longer

• Isopropyl alchohol or similar switch cleaner might help if there's a bit of debris.

From the manual, just in case it differs from the process you used:

"Usage: Turn on the router (ACT LED is blinking). Press the hole and keep for more than 5 seconds. When you see the ACT LED begins to blink rapidly than usual, release the button. Then the router will restart with the factory default configuration."

There's another post in this form from Corey where three lights flashing means it's stuck in tftp mode, and that doesn't change with a reset - it doesn't look like he resolved it. Try and eliminate anything external and plug a pc directly into the router with no firewall.