• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Dec 2019 22:48 #1 by leighwhitling
Hi All

I have a DrayTek Vigor 2860n which is running 2 WANS & a Vigor Switch P2280

WAN1 is a VDSL FTTC Broadband
WAN2 is a link from a Cisco Router which has 2 usable IP's [1 is used for my WAN2 link on the Draytek, 2nd is just a spare]

My Router LAN Port 1 has access to my 2 VLANs [LAN1 & LAN2] and is plugged into Port 1 of the Vigor Switch. Ports 2 - 27 are split between the 2 VLANS i.e. Ports 2-15 are VLAN1 and 16-27 are VLAN2

I have setup 2 Routing Policies as per the below

LAN1
[192.168.1.10 - 109] routes traffic via WAN1 and if WAN1 is offline then WAN2 is the failover [Router IP = 1.250 & DHCP is disabled (Server IP is 5 which gives out DHCP)]

LAN2
[192.168.2.10 - 109] routes traffic via WAN2 and if WAN2 is offline then WAN1 is the failover [Router IP = 2.1]

My questions are
1. Do i need to include the Router IP in each Policy so instead of 192.168.1.10-109, use 192.168.1.1 - 254 ?
2. Do i need to be using for NAT usage or Routing Usage
3. Do i need to leave Load Balancing enabled in the WAN General Setup for each WAN as its not load balancing that i am after, its just Routing Policy ?
4. Finally, am i setting the whole thing up correctly or would you suggest a slightly different way ?

I look forward to hearing from you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 丨>®@yt3丨<
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
More
17 Dec 2019 15:53 #2 by 丨>®@yt3丨<
Replied by 丨>®@yt3丨< on topic Re: Routing Different LANS over 2 seporate WAN connections
Hello Leigh,
Re1.
If .10 - .109 devices should be routed through WAN1, then set Source to IP Range
Start: 192.168.1.10 End: 192.168.1.109
Destination: Any
Destination Port: Any
---
Interface: WAN1
Gateway: Default Gateway
Packet Forwarding to: Force NAT
[enabled] Failover to: WAN2
Gateway: Default Gateway
---
Re2.
NAT usage should be set unless your ISP(s) are aware of the LAN IPs set on your router (e.g. MPLS configuration)

Re3.
With default settings applied (And LB option being enabled) router will route traffic according to [Routing >> Load-Balance/Route Policy] profiles. So if you do configure two profiles with the IP ranges mentioned, no load balancing should be applied to those local clients(computers).

Re4.
Once configured I would test 'what's my IP' on each of the ranges. Make sure that Cisco's IPs do actually route the traffic.

• leighwhitling
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Dec 2019 19:30 #3 by leighwhitling
I managed to get it working. turns out we had a faulty card at the exchange which was causing some strange reactions on our routers!