DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor2762AC Router with Post Office Broadband - Amazon Prime, Netflix and Iplayer wont connect

• dale hawkes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Dec 2019 21:17 #1 by dale hawkes
Hello,

Many thanks for reading this post in the first place.

I have had my Draytek for about a year now and was with Now TV, the router worked perfectly with Amazon Prime TV, Netflix and iplayer etc. I switched over to Post Office broadband, got the username and password from the Post Office router entered it into the Draytek. The router works perfectly with PC, phones etc, but when I try Prime TV, Netflix and iplayer on the TV that is wired into router those services don't work. I have spoken with Post Office and they say they are not blocking anything. I have Enable UPnP Service enabled, not sure what else to look for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dale

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2019 13:09 #2 by x64
Just a thought... Possibly the MTU could be incorrectly detected on the line... Try a the auto detect function of the router and possibly try a lower value manually set....

• dale hawkes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2019 13:25 #3 by dale hawkes
Thank you for that, I will have a go tonight and let you know how I get on.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2019 19:02 #4 by hornbyp

Dale Hawkes wrote:
The router works perfectly with PC, phones etc, but when I try Prime TV, Netflix and iplayer on the TV that is wired into router those services don't work.

Some basic diagnostics would be helpful. Is the TV getting an IP address? Can you Ping it? What do the TV's Network Diagnostics report? (Netflix also has its own rudimentary test facilities)

• dale hawkes
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Dec 2019 20:53 #5 by dale hawkes
Thanks to X64 he was right with the MTU, dropped it down to 1492 from 1520 and it worked. Thank you everyone