V2860 DNS Blacklist?

• peterb
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Dec 2019 04:08 #1 by peterb
V2860 DNS Blacklist? was created by peterb
I am using a V2860Vn-plus. I do not use the dhcp or dns services of the router - these are provided by a separate server on my network.

Some time, perhaps one or two years, ago I started getting this response whenever I attempt to access the web interface of my router via its local name ('vigor'):

As I say, I'm not using the router's DNS and I don't have any DNS filters configured, that I'm aware of. I can still access the router Web interface through its numeric address. I can still ping the router by name and access the telnet interface by name.

No other devices are blocked in this way. Is this some inherent restriction built into the standard router firmware and is there a way to disable it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peterb
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Dec 2019 04:34 #2 by peterb
Replied by peterb on topic Re: V2860 DNS Blacklist?
Okay, I think I have resolved this. It seems that,although I'm accessing the v2860 from within my lan, it is being treated as 'management from the internet'.

In "System Maintenance >> Management" if I enter "Domain name allowed", even with "Allow management from the Internet" turned off, then it works as required.

It strikes me that this might be a deficiency in the firmware, perhaps because I'm not using the vigor's DNS service.
Not only is it incorrectly disallowing access from within my local network, but the "DNS Filter blacklist" message is rather confusing.

More
27 Dec 2019 09:11 #3 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: V2860 DNS Blacklist?
Is your router using the DNS filter or maybe web content filter? If you're using the Web Content Filter or URL Content Filter, you probably do have the DNS filter applied, which is why you see this message when accessing the router with that hostname. This guide describes the behaviour.

Forum Administrator