Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

BT FTTC - Vigor 130 & XR500 no internet connection

• duelsy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
07 Jan 2020 22:02 #1 by duelsy
Hi guys, first post unfortunately looking for help! Trying to setup a new system but having some issues, details below:

Provider - BT
Package - Halo 1 250MB FTTC
Modem - DrayTek Vigor 130
Router - Nighthawk XR500
Connection - ethernet

I have the Vigor130 set in bridge mode, that's the only setting I've changed as per this website https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge . This was difficult enough to do on its own. Even with my PC directly connected via ethernet to the modem the admin page kept dropping out continuously, very frustrating. Once bridge mode was activated I connected my XR500 and ran the setup wizard but it cannot connect an internet connection.

I've tried multiple factory resets and repeating steps etc. Not really sure what to try as it should be pretty plug and play. Anyone had similar issues with the same setup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2020 09:40 #2 by piste basher
Not sure why you set the 130 to bridge mode - from a read of the XR500 manual online it seems to be a straightforward ethernet PPPoE connection with username and password entry, which the 130 does "out of the box". Re the continual drop outs - have you set the "Auto logout" button to "Off"?

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
08 Jan 2020 21:37 #3 by rolandrat
By your package description, is that gfast?
If so the Vigor 130 isnt a gfast modem, I wouldnt know if a gfast line would still work with a normal VDSL modem, but the Vigor 165 is their gfast modem.